Metabo HPT MultiVolt Impact Wrench Power
It seems like everyone is releasing larger impact wrenches at once. The Metabo HPT WR36DAQ4 represents the brand’s entry into the higher- torque stratosphere of impact tools. With both corded and cordless power options, the Metabo HPT MultiVolt 3/4-inch High Torque Impact Wrench brings that big torque to wherever you need it whether or not you have access to an AC outlet.
- Model: Metabo HPT WR36DAQ4
- Dual power options: 36V AC adapter or battery power
- Brushless motor delivers 812 ft-lbs of fastening torque and 1328 ft-lbs of nut busting torque
- Up to 1500 RPM and 2900 BPM
- 3/4-in. square drive with friction ring and pin detent
- 4-stage speed selection
- Variable speed trigger
- 8.8 lbs with battery
- MultiVolt battery uses 21700 Li-Ion cells for more power delivery
- Warranty: Lifetime tool body warranty
- Price: $339
“Power” is the name of the game for the Metabo HPT High Torque Impact Wrench. First, the big benefit of the MultiVolt system is its adaptability to power options. Should you find yourself working near an AC power source, you can use the MultiVolt adapter to plug into an outlet. While many may not take advantage of this for smaller power tools, it remains a unique option for Metabo HPT tool users.
Of course, most will use the Metabo HPT MultiVolt 3/4″ impact wrench with its 36V battery pack. Because these packs use the bigger 21700 cells, as opposed to the standard 18650 cells, the Metabo HPT High Torque Impact Wrench can provide plenty of power to the application. So far, we’re not seeing the speed of pneumatic impact wrenches in battery-powered tools, but the power is there.
The Metabo HPT High Torque Impact Wrench features a brushless motor that cranks out up to 812 ft-lbs of fastening torque and 1328 ft-lbs of nut-busting torque. By the numbers, this puts it under the Milwaukee 3/4-inch impact wrench but above the DeWalt DCF897. The Metabo HPT impact wrench provides speeds up to 1,500 rpm with up to 2,900 bpm. It comes with a 4-stage speed selection and a variable speed trigger to give you full control over the application.
See our article on the best impact wrenches
Speed and Impact by Mode
- Mode 1: 0-600 RPM/0-1,200 BPM
- 2: 0-900 RPM/0-1,800 BPM
- 3: 0-1,200 RPM/0-2,300 BPM
- Mode 4: 0-1,500 RPM/0-2,900 BPM
The Metabo HPT WR36DAQ4 gets an IP56 rating and a heat-resistant bumper for standing up against jobsite abuse. An LED light lets you see what you’re doing in dimly-lit areas. Finally, the tool looks well-balanced. It was only a few years ago that impact wrenches would feel a bit top-heavy. This tool seems to center itself above the ergonomic grip. We also like that it weighs just 8.8-lbs with the large MultiVolt battery installed.
The Metabo HPT MultiVolt High Torque Impact Wrench sells as a bare tool for $339. The tool body is covered by a lifetime warranty.
Metabo HPT MultiVolt High Torque Impact Wrench Specs
- Model: Metabo HPT WR36DAQ4
- Voltage: 36V
- Drive: 3/4 in. square
- Torque (fastening): 812 ft-lbs.
- Torque (removal): 1,328 ft-lbs.
- No-load speeds: 0-600 RPM/0-900 RPM/0-1,200 RPM/0-1,500 RPM
- Impact rate: 0-1,200 BPM/0-1,800 BPM/0-2,300 BPM/0-2,900 BPM
- IP56 compliant
- Bolt capacity: 15/32 in. to 1-3/16 in.
- High-strength bolt capacity: 3/8 in. to 15/16 in.
- LED light
- Belt hook
- Protective bumper
- Length: 8.7 in.
- Weight: 8.8 lbs.
- Lifetime warranty (tool body)
- Price: $339 (bare tool)
For more information about the MultiVolt system, check out Metabo HPT’s website by clicking here.