Job title: OPS EMPLOYMENT SECURITY REP I
Company: State of Florida
Job description: Requisition No: 267522
Agency: Economic Opportunity
Working Title: 267522 – OPS EMPLOYMENT SECURITY REP I – 40097867
Position Number: 40097867
Salary: $12.70 Hourly
Posting Closing Date: 01/31/2021
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME /OPS
POSITION LOCATION: Orlando, FL
Working Title: OPS Employment Customer Service Representative
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) works across the state to support Florida’s economy, robust and talented workforce and our local communities. DEO is dedicated to making a stronger and more resilient Florida, so our businesses, communities and workforce are better prepared to withstand future economic slowdowns and natural disasters. DEO is focusing our efforts to help Floridians rebuild their homes and lives after the devastating impacts of Hurricanes Irma and Michael.
Interviews will be held virtually online or via phone.
Multiple hires will be filled from this advertisement
As a condition of pre-employment eligibility, a Level 2 security background screening is required, which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local, state and national law enforcement records
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION RESPONSES TO THE QUALIFYING QUESTIONS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE VERIFIABLE BASED ON YOUR SUBMITTED APPLICATION.
This is an OPS Employment Security Representative I- Employment Customer Service Representative position in the Department of Economic Opportunity’s Reemployment Assistance Program Customer Contact Center. Job duties revolve around providing quality customer service using a variety of customer service delivery methods through daily interaction on the phone, safeguarding confidential information, and using the CONNECT system to support Reemployment Assistance Claimants. This includes: processing initial or additional claims filed online, assessing claims, reviewing supporting documentation, providing claim status information and making decisions.
THIS POSITION HAS THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, through a variety of methods.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate with customers for the purpose of resolving inquiries.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful, courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to collect, record, evaluate, and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to process information using a computer system.
THE HIRED CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Process initial, additional, and reopen reemployment assistance claims.
- Performs specialized work assignments and other related work as required within the units including but not limited to work search audits, eligibility reviews, job service registration, potential issues, rejected weeks, and/or returned employer notices.
- Determines issues, concerns, and/or complaints from claimants, employers, and other customers. Access and research necessary records to either resolve those issues or refer to a specific or appropriate program specialist or supervisor.
- Explains points of law and reasons for determinations regarding eligibility for reemployment assistance benefits.
- Research and explain the reemployment assistance program at the request of callers and direct them to the appropriate place to file a claim.
- Refer to various community resources and to One-Stop centers as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This position’s advertisement may also be viewed by registering on the Employ Florida website at .
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. (TTY/TDD 1-800-955-8771 or the Florida Relay Service – 711.)
If you think you have been subjected to unlawful discrimination, you may file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation with either the recipient’s Equal Opportunity Officer, or the Director, Civil Rights Center:
- Equal Opportunity Officer, Department of Economic Opportunity, Caldwell Building – MSC 150, 107 East Madison Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-4129; or
- Director, Civil Rights Center (CRC), U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-4123, Washington, DC 20210.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Expected salary: $12.7 per hour
Location: Orlando, FL
Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 06:17:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!